The school was started in 1876 with ten students in the matale electorate in matale district the only teacher was the school head master and it was built in a temporary and on a reserves land the pioneer principal was one Mr udugama and the school was called “Yatawatta mixed school .By the year 1928 it was separately administered as “Girl” and Boys school and later teaching English medium was started and the school was called “BI-Lingual Rural school” At the beginning this was a junior school and from 1954 it was upgraded as Bi- Lingual Senior school in 1958 advance level classes were started under the Art stream. in 1960 after constructing the science lapidary it was started Teaching science for O/L .In the same period, subjects such as Textile ,carpentry clay work ,Music and Dancing .were included for the curriculum. Here after the school was called Yatawatta M.V. this period the number of students were over 400 and the number of teachers were 20.
There are very big 7 Grama Niladari Divisions in Yatawatta Divisional sectratriate in matale district they are Mediyapola,Urulewattta,Galagama,Yatawatta,Walpola,Maligathennaand Alokagama . When it comes Villages they are Yatawatta Pamunudeniya ,Kahawatta ,Walpola,Gangoda,Galagama maligathenna,Alokama ,Dangan Place
MAHINDODAYA TECHNOLOGICAL LABORATORY is going to be opened for the community and linked to the world today more. Detatils will be uploa
We proudly celibrated our students behalf of "world children day" on 01st of octomber 2015.All Students and Staff participate to this greate event .As Chief geusts participated Mr indika rathnayake who is the councelling Officer and Mis Samanmalee Bandara who is the child protection Officer of the Divisional secretaria office in Yatawatta.Students were suprised by giving Small gifts from the Teachers and there was a wonderfull Art Exhibition on that day.